Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Welcome to..."A Brand New World"!



Thank you for finding your way to my blog!

Someone told me just last week that he thought I wrote well and I should consider starting a blog. My knee jerk reaction was, "I suppose I could, but I am not sure how hard it would be to set one up." All I could think of was programming and writing code. Flashbacks of "all-nighters" from college computing courses flew into my head. That nervous twitch that I hadn't had in years was back!

Good news all! The twitch is gone forever! Technology today is fantastic and here I am...a brand new blogger!

The theme for this blog is going to be a simple one...we will discuss the role of branding within the context of University Advancement.

For the sake of our discussions, I will define Advancement in its most basic terms...any internal function that promotes, raises the perception of, brings about growth, furthers popularity or moves the university forward in any of its primary goals or mission.

Ok, that covers a lot of ground! We will be cutting across the entire spectrum of communications, fund raising, "friend raising", "gowns and town" relationships, and even recruitment of incoming students. In short, we will discuss how your BRANDING effects the very lifeblood of your institution.

This will be a very "customer-centric" blog...and you are the customer! It will be all about your needs and adding value to your programs. So with that in mind, your participation is not only desired, it is essential!

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Cheers!

Matt





No comments: